Size Matter: 5 x 52
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Corojo Rosado
(Maduro Wrapper: Capa Fina-grade San Andrean Maduro )
Filler: Nicaraguan Criollo '98 and Corojo '99
Things you should know (in no particular order):
- 88 is part of the Original Documents Series, so named because they were the brand's initial offerings.
- 888 rated a 90 by Cigar Aficionado.
- Blended by Dion Giolito, also the company owmer. (We hope his business card says, "Master of Illusione.")
- He owns a cigar lounge in Reno called Fumare, which we've just added to our To-Do list. (And by "we," I mean "I.")
- We (I) want him to be our (my) friend--not just because of the quotation, but it cetianly was the tipping point:
"Illusione sounded like an inside secret," Giolito adds. "An indy cigar for people part of an inner circle. Plus, the word Illusione sounded nice. Very European."
There's a pretty cool article of the Master himself here.